Doing the right thing for ourselves. Sometimes it is hard to remember. Sometimes it is hard to figure out. We get lost and we forget our path. The path we know we should be on, we belong on, we want to be on. It is so easy to get lost in the woods with so many trees of distraction.
Here are 10 things we can learn from tarot to help guide us on our path to awesomeness…
1. Page of Wands. What do you dream of? What is your ideal? What would bring you joy? These are questions that we need to ask ourselves. When we get caught up in the daily grind of life, we tend to put these on the back burner. Bring them forth again. Start to dream. Start to question. Start to learn. Go back to the beginning and look at this very moment as an invitation to bring your dreams into your life. Take a minute. Answer the above questions without boundaries. Freely. Write down what comes up for you. Put is somewhere that will remind you to remember. To dream.
2. Five of Cups. Regrets. Loss. We all have them. It is part of life. But when we focus on them at the cost of neglecting and appreciating what wo DO have, we are doing ourselves a disservice. What would it take to turn you around? Stand up and look in front of you. What do you see? Now turn around? What do you see? You are in the same time and place but the view is different. All it took was turning your viewpoint around. Name a regret. Or two. Now turn around and name something you are grateful for. And a second thing. And a third. Fill that list. Find gratitude. How does the view look now?
3. Queen of Cups. Acknowledging your feelings. They are just feelings. We honor them, but we also know they pass. This knowledge can get you through your challenges. The Queen of Cups in you is mature with her feelings. She can be with them and not be run by them. You are that Queen.
4. Six of Wands. You have victories. Plenty of them. Stop and absorb them. You deserve it. What are your victories? How have you celebrated them? What is a victory you can celebrate right now? And how are you going to do that? What is a reward you can honor yourself with right in this moment? Go do it!
5. Ace of Swords. Now that you have celebrated yourself, your awesomeness, regroup. Get back to thinking about your dreams, your values. What is at your core self that you truly believe in? What can you cut away with this sword? What no longer fits in your life?
6. Eight of Pentacles. Moving forward. To your dreams. To who you want to be. Baby steps and focus. Keep on keeping on. Be conscious of where you need to put your energy. What will move you forward? What is a baby step you can take towards your goal?
7. Ten of Swords (my card!). What can you be done with? What can you let go of? What heavy weight is holding you down? If you can’t let go right now, can you just give it acceptance without judgement? Can you focus on the sunrise? How will you do that?
8. Eight of Swords. Afraid of the unknown. Afraid of a misstep. Afraid of making the wrong decision. How has fear been holding you back? What is it costing you? What else is it costing you? What would it be like to be fearless? Try it on. Play with it. Fantasize.
9. Three of Cups. Friends. Love. Support. As you move towards your life, towards your dreams, who can support you? Where can you find an ally? Who will rally around you and root for you? Those are who to bring in close.
10. Ten of Pentacles. The end goal. The big picture. This card shows the fruits of one’s labors, the result of the personal foundation you are creating now. This card shows family, community, security. That may or may not be what your desires are. What do you want your success to be? What is your personal end result? Go back to your dreams, your desires. How can you make it a solid vision? How do you imagine yourself in it? Take this vision and keep it with you. Wear it like a cloak, a mantle. Watch as the world changes around you and aligns…
And, of course to take this deeper for profound change, please book a session.
Where is your power? Who has your power? Why do they have your power? Why did you give it to them? What would it be like to take that power back? Connect to your bad-ass self? Walk taller. Walk fearlessly. Walk knowing your awesome self.
We, especially women, so easily give up our power. For so many different reasons. So much of it goes back to survival and fear. We learned how to survive as children. It may have been by making ourselves small. It may have been by making ourselves larger than we actually felt. Defenses. Defenses take our power. They show up in so many different ways, but they always come back to how we knew how to survive.
Now, as adults, it has become habit. Our go to way of being. We don’t even realize that we have given up our power until we feel sad, scared, angry, confused, frustrated, broken.
We need to find out how to tap into our latent power. Our latent awesomeness. The stuff that you know is there, it just can’t seem to find its way to the top.
We. Are. Not. Helpless.
Want to find your power? Want to strip off some of those protective layers and let your kickass self out?
Let’s do a power session. Let’s have you find your strength.
Set up a Reflective Tarot Coaching Session or a Power Email Reading, and walk in this world knowing yourself and knowing your strength!
(Cards in photo: Wildwood Tarot @http://willworthingtonart.co.uk)No Comments.
Here is a sample of what an email reading looks like. The italics are the answers and discoveries that come from the client. If you would like one of your own, please click here: Tarot Reading, and choose from the menu…
Who You Are:
The Five of Wands. There are 5 different people in this image. They are all holding wands in various, disorganized positions. They look as if they are in disagreement, fighting, out of accord.
What do you see for yourself? I am strife. I am fighting, disorganized, argumentative. I am scattered.
What has me being this way? Too much on my plate without enough direction. I have no plan of action, which leaves me all over the place and not moving forward. It is causing me stress that I really don’t want to carry around with me.
Who You Have the Potential to Be:
Three of pentacles. This image shows the use of tools, has people who make made notes, who have pre-planned so they can move forward together in action. There is beauty, symmetry and stability in the three pentacles shown up top.
What image of yourself shows up for you here? Makes me think of a cathedral, something of beauty. I can be the creator, the artist. I can be the person doing the work that gets results.
What would this look like? Accepting the input of others. Being open to suggestion. Being organized.
How Do You Get There:
Queen of Swords. Nice! This image shows a powerful woman, one hand open, one hand holding a sword of truth, steady and straight. She looks strong and committed. Her throne looks solid. She is above the clouds, above the mundane, in the clarity of the blue sky. A bird flies free above her.
How can you take this on to reach your potential? I can get to being the person who makes things happen by speaking my truth. By cutting through so much of the bullshit. This will take the work of my mature, royal self.
What step can you take to put this into action? I can take is to use my pen as that metaphorical sword and cut down my to-do list. I can use that metaphorical sword every time I catch myself feeling chaotic, and cut out what is non essential.
These cards show a progression from chaos to order, from being all over the place, to a solid foundation. The phrase ‘reining it in’ comes to mind. Brought in by the order and clear decisions of the queen. Rule your life as you would your kingdom, as your life IS your kingdom.
I invite you to come and see what shows up for you: Vaike.comNo Comments.
We are not perfect.
We want to be all free and light.
And we work towards it. Every day.
But we also have jealousy, anger, envy, bad thoughts. We know they are there. But in our desire for light, we tamp it down, we pretend it does not exist.
That doesn’t work. Forcing anything into a darkness, even darkness itself, doesn’t make it do what we want it to.
So, what if you owned it? What if you could just say, “yes, I think these thoughts”?
Then you could set them free. You could accept them, say hello to them, acknowledge them without them taking over. Without them making you feel bad. You could see that its just what is there, no right or wrong attached to them. Then they become light. They just are. Without judgement. Without angst and drama. Passing through like clouds in the sky.
Maybe you can even find good in them. Maybe the dark is a source of your mystical, magical self. Parts that have been repressed. Parts that, had you not tamped them down, could simply be a source of creativity.
Often when ‘bad’ cards come up in a coaching session, people fear them. Because they fear the dark within themselves. But, really, it is shining a light. Looking at the shadows allows us to see that they aren’t as big a deal as we think. And, we are not alone. We ALL have these shadows, these elements about ourselves that we would rather not. Through acknowledgement these thoughts and ideas lose their good/bad status and just ARE. And that way they lose value. They lose power. They lose our energy and focus, so we can place those elsewhere…
Come, let go: www.vaike.comNo Comments.
I live in the high desert. It’s broad and expansive. Every direction I look, I see views going on forever. Mountains, valleys, giant sky. It is what I love about the desert. Every which way you look, is a new world. What would it be like if I climbed that mountain? What can I find in that riverbed? What if I were a raven and just flew and flew and flew? A new possibility, an new and different adventure in every direction. And I would get to fly high above it, gaze down at the options, and take my pick.
That’s what moves us forward. When we don’t have a vision of what is possible, how can we possibly move towards what we want?
Creating vision is a process. We play. We imagine. We look at what is possible and what is in our way.
Reflective Tarot Coaching is perfect for this process. You want to create a vision for yourself. Together we start getting clarity on what that is and how to get there. What blocks you and what actions are best for you to take.
Once we clarify what aspect you want to look at, I will design a tarot spread for you. Together we will investigate what you see in each card and how you can apply it to achieving your goal. We can find what empowers you and what holds you back.
I trust that you best know, deep down, how to get there. Together we simply bring that to the surface through a series of questions and the insights that show up from them.
They are all yours…
Come play: vaike.com
It keeps turning.
It keeps changing.
That is what it means to be alive.
Change. Growth. Movement.
We can’t stop it. We can’f force it. But we can make a choice.
We can choose how we will react. We can choose how to respond.
The coming of falls such a stunning reminder of change. The end of summer brings its own kind of new beauty.
It is our human nature to fight change. To protect ourselves from it. But wouldn’t it be easier to roll with it? To weather the slings and arrows with grace and ease?
That is where self reflection comes in. Once we see how we are fighting, it gives us the tools to move forward. With grace. With ease.No Comments.
It’s a new year! New growth. New opportunities. New possibilities.
I choose a card for the new year. Consciously. I wanted to be conscious in my choice as I want you to remember that whatever happens, whatever shows up in your world, you still have choice. You still have your own power in how you want to see, to be, in the world. And, by taking on choice, you create your world. You create the world.
We are that powerful. As long as we remember it.
And so I choose the Ten of Cups. Specifically from The Wild Unknown Deck.
It is simple. And in its simplicity it all comes together. Coming together is what this year is about. If we all gather together, if we all create change, both within ourselves and without, that is where the love is. That is where the joy is. That is where the happiness is.
That is where the strength truly resides.
This is what I wish for us to take on this year.
It is time for us to make it all come together.
I fed a bee today.
It was on the ground, moving slowly. I remember reading about giving bees an emergency concoction of sugar and water, so they can nourish themselves.
We have no sugar, but we had grape jelly. I added some onto a spoon, placed it just under the bees mouth, and he reached over to eat. I held the spoon as gently as I could, trying not to move it. He kept on eating. Or was it drinking? I am not sure, but he kept at it.
After a few moments, I picked him and the spoon up and placed it outside in a shady area. The bee proceeded to groom himself and clean up after his lunch. Have you ever seen a bee groom? It’s like watching a tiny kitten. Darling.
Each bee needs to be honored. We must value each and every part of this planet. It can seem so very overwhelming, but each step, each choice, can take us in the right direction. Everything is precious. We need to take care of it.
The blessing is that when we take care of something as small as a tiny, tired bee, we are taking care of ourselves as well. We are helping the world. We are in the act of giving.
We often don’t do the right thing. We try. We want to. But desires, fear of scarcity, overwhelm, hurt, so many feelings, make it hard to make that choice. But every single time that we make that choice. To help, to better, to save, to contribute, we will feel better. Whenever you act from a place of fearless love, it counteracts the fear, it gives us strength, and it gives us hope.
Moving away from acting from fear to acting from love will always, always change how we feel.
And it will be for the better…No Comments.
Rest makes whole.
We cannot move forward if we are not whole.
And yet, we try.
Over and over again.
Push, force, coerce. Just a little bit more energy. Just a little bit more effort. Caffeine, sugar. Have to. Need to.
For a while.
Until you break.
Rest. Recover. Sleep. Be.
These all have a purpose. To make us whole again. Yet we don’t seem to believe it or allow it. Or trust it. Science backs it up. All of nature backs it up. So what is our problem?
Your days will fill with health. Energy.
Things will happen. Your will be more productive. You will get more done. Easily, unforced, without coercion.
And you will win the battle.
Just celebrate already! It’s life. It’s beautiful. It’ is rich and deep and profound and moving. It is dark and light. We can dwell in the dark, sure. But if we are not celebrating the light, well. what is the point?
Have the Three of Cups show up for you every day. Dance. Sing. Hug friends. Take a bath. I don’t know how it shows up for you, this celebration. I don’t know what is going to bring you the most joy. It is your choice. It is yours to decide from everything out there.
There is no meaning to life if we don’t honor it, play with it, love it. All the cliches apply: Life is a gift, you only live once, you don’t know what tomorrow will bring, so live fully today. The list goes wonderfully on and on. That’s because there is so much truth there.
We often wait for the opportune moment to celebrate. But according to who? I remember being in a seminar with a few hundred wonderful people. We were all standing up, taking turns stating what we wanted to take on in life. People were mentioning writing books, getting a better job, finding a deeper relationship with their partner, etc. All wonderful, fabulous intentions. Then this one guy:
He stood up and stated that he wanted to take on having the most fun possible. He just wanted to party and do fun things and live in joy every day.
It was pretty awesome. It was years ago. And he is the only one whose specific intention I remember. Although I do remember the whole room supporting him in this amazing choice in life. That was who he was. And it made us all happier knowing that there is this one guy out there that is just going to have some damn fun.
I hope he is partying today…
(And, yes, that is me a few years ago. It feels a bit awkward to add in my own picture, but you know what? There is nothing celebratory about feeling awkward, so I am doing it anyway… )No Comments.